Long Windows® Options and Showcase
What should every homeowner researching new windows know?
The basics of window style. Your replacement windows should provide outstanding energy efficiency, beauty and durability. Windows from Long Windows check all of these boxes — but what kind of window style should you consider?
- Double hung windows: Great for a period home — Victorian, Colonial or other traditional styles.
- Casement windows: These crank-out windows offer increased ventilation.
- Awning windows: Often found over fixed windows or doors, in garages or above eye level, offering ventilation and privacy.
- Hopper windows: Similar to awning windows, hopper windows vent at the top and open into your room. Great for dark basements and small bathrooms.
- Slider windows: Effective in hard-to-reach spots, like the space behind a kitchen sink.
- Bow and Bay windows: These windows provide great open views and make rooms feel larger.
- Picture and Garden Windows: Popular in all homes, picture and garden windows allow maximum light and offer excellent views of the outdoors.
The ABCs of new window energy efficiency.
Windows from Long Windows are among the most energy-efficient windows on the market today. How, you may wonder, is energy efficiency measured?
R Value: Measures a window’s thermal insulation. R value tells you if a window will keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Higher R values are preferred. Long Windows’ windows have industry-leading R values between 5.6 and 7.1.
U Factor: Measures how well your windows trap heat inside your home. Lower U factor values are preferred. Long Windows’ windows have an industry-leading U Factor of .13.
Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC): Measures how well your windows block solar heat. Lower SHGC values are preferred. Long Windows’ windows have an industry-leading SHGC of .27.
UV Transmission: Measures the window’s ability to block UV light. Long Windows’ windows have an industry-leading .46 rating.
The importance of home security.
Windows are an attractive entry point for burglars. Long Windows’ powerful window installation materials help prevent unwelcome guests.
- Two outer panes of double-strength glass
- Welded frames with no caps or screws
- Recessed “stealth” steel locks with increased strength and secure locking
We build Trust and Peace of Mind into every Long Window.
New windows are a big investment — trust your window replacement project to the East Coast’s home improvement experts.
Long Windows, a member of the Long Home Products® family of brands, is the trusted team of windows experts. We are also proud to offer our high-quality windows in Pennsylvania, the New England region, and Florida.
We offer the highest-quality vinyl replacement window installation materials because we believe you should have an affordable, long-lasting return on your investment. We treat you like a member of our family because we believe that’s what you deserve.
A no-nonsense limited lifetime warranty on your new windows.
All Long Windows customers also get our no-nonsense limited lifetime warranty on labor and materials. If you ever have a problem with your new windows or the window installation, we will make the situation right because we believe in 100% customer satisfaction. Contact us today.
Need help paying for your beautiful new windows? We also offer worry-free financing — we’re happy to work with you to find an affordable solution. Learn more now.